Today is the birthday of my first baby. I keep telling her she isn’t allowed to grow up, but she disagrees every time I say that and now she is 9 years old. It seems like overnight we went from this:
Some things about Malia right now:
- She loves to read, especially comic books, and gets excited when we suggest new books she can read.
- Her favorite part of any movie is either the “dance party” that comes along with the closing credits or the Bonus Features on the DVD.
- If you ask her what she wants to eat she almost always says pancakes, cheeseburgers, pizza, or macaroni cheese.
- She also likes peas, cookies (especially chocolate chip), bacon, ice cream, roast beef, and cereal.
- She’ll actually try almost anything.
- She enjoys playing with her Barbies and Polly Pockets, snuggling with her stuffed animals at night, and dressing up.
- She tells me she wants to learn to cook.
- If you ask her what she is going to be when she grows up she’ll usually say a photographer, but also tells me about the restaurants she is going to work at taking orders and stuff.
She’s a great girl. One of my favorite things about her is how loving she is towards her younger brother and sister. She really does have a mothering heart and finds joy in looking out for others. It does mean she can get a bit bossy, so we occasionally have to remind her that she isn’t the mom, but I do appreciate the help I get from her. I’m looking forward to the many more years I get to spend with her.